We received word that the PA Health Commission will not allow Maple Grove to successfully run any events for the rest of the 2020 season. With that being said MAPLE GROVE IS CANCELLED.
We are also putting the Championship Chase for the A/GAS and I/GAS classes on hold and will start fresh in 2021. You may ask what does this mean exactly. Below are some bullet points as to how we will proceed with the rest of the 2020 season and the start of 2021.
- Our next race at MIR on September 12th is still a GO. We will campaign both the I/GAS and A/GAS cars. This will NOT be a points race but a race for money instead. If things with MIR change we will make an announcement but for now this race is HAPPENING.
- The points chase for 2020 has been officially cancelled.
- All current members that have paid for 2020 will be automatically enrolled in the 2021 season. You will NOT have to join again in 2021.
- All points accumulated for 2020 will be reset in 2021 and we will start with zero points.
- All 2020 sponsors will be rolled over into 2021. No additional sponsorship funds will be needed.
There were just too many racers/spectators who were unable to make our first race due to COVID restrictions within their state or at their place of work. This decision was not taken lightly and it was a tough decision to make. But we feel the best interest in the series is to suspend this season and start fresh in 2021.
We've just confirmed that Rick Gorski of Firecore Performance has jumped on board for the 2020 Heritage Series Sponsorship. Rick creates custom ignition wires for any set up on the market. Some of our racers have personal experience with his products and the performance from these wires were unmatched by anything else we've ever tried. Please give Rick a call for your ignition needs. Make sure you tell him you're from the Vw Heritage Series and thank him for his wonderful sponsorship. Thank you again Rick.
I’d like to welcome our next sponsor KP Tuned by Paul Kiernan. Paul has stepped up and is Co-Sponsoring our largest event of the year the Vw Nationals at Mason Dixon. Thank you once again for your support Paul. We look forward to seeing you this year at the events.Paul Kiernan, owner of K&P Performance/KPTuned, has been an owner of modified Volkswagens for over 17 years.
He has over 7 years of professional electronics repair experience and a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, with a concentration in controls systems. Professionally, he does new product and business development for a high performance materials and manufacturing corporation.
Oxford, PA 19363