We received word that the PA Health Commission will not allow Maple Grove to successfully run any events for the rest of the 2020 season. With that being said MAPLE GROVE IS CANCELLED.
We are also putting the Championship Chase for the A/GAS and I/GAS classes on hold and will start fresh in 2021. You may ask what does this mean exactly. Below are some bullet points as to how we will proceed with the rest of the 2020 season and the start of 2021.
- Our next race at MIR on September 12th is still a GO. We will campaign both the I/GAS and A/GAS cars. This will NOT be a points race but a race for money instead. If things with MIR change we will make an announcement but for now this race is HAPPENING.
- The points chase for 2020 has been officially cancelled.
- All current members that have paid for 2020 will be automatically enrolled in the 2021 season. You will NOT have to join again in 2021.
- All points accumulated for 2020 will be reset in 2021 and we will start with zero points.
- All 2020 sponsors will be rolled over into 2021. No additional sponsorship funds will be needed.
There were just too many racers/spectators who were unable to make our first race due to COVID restrictions within their state or at their place of work. This decision was not taken lightly and it was a tough decision to make. But we feel the best interest in the series is to suspend this season and start fresh in 2021.